Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

milspouse friday fill-in #34


What are some of your ideas for staying connected with family…you know, those people we moved thousands of miles away from? submitted by Live it. Love it (or not). Write About It.
I think the best and most simplest idea is to talk on the phone. My mom is not very computer savvy, so I have to talk to her on the phone if I want to keep her up to date. Although its easier to shoot my friends a text asking how they have been, its a lot more personal to make a phone call.

What’s the most romantic gift you have GIVEN? submitted by Painting My Canvas
Cards. I was cleaning out a box the other day and found a bag that my hubby keeps all the letters he got in bootcamp, and cards I have given him before/after. I think writing your love for someone is so romantic.. its something you can look back on in 20 years.

Would you encourage your child, if they came to you and wanted to join the military? submitted by Perfectly Imperfect
I think I would have mixed emotions. I would be proud of them for wanting to follow in their father's (and grandfathers) footsteps and for supporting their country, but I would be worried because it is such a hard life. Come back to me in 15 years!

What is your least favorite bill to pay and why? submitted by A Little of This, A Little of That
Its not exactly a 'bill,' but the hubby and I both agree pumping gas is the worst. When we both used to work for barely over minimum wage, it was like saying goodbye to an hour of work every few seconds when the screen would read $8.. $16.. We may have a bigger salary now, but gas gets more expensive every. single. day.

What is the proudest moment you’ve had as a military spouse? submitted by Our Okinawa Life
I would have to say the time my hubby took emergency leave to come home for my grandfathers funeral. He wore his uniform to the funeral, and I was so proud of him for honoring my grandfather in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment