Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Why don't you have your wife bake something?"

I used to joke with Chris how I wanted to be the navy wife who was known for her awesome baking skills. It didn't take long, but I think I am getting there : )

Scenario 1: The hubs tells me that we got invited to go to a friends for the fight Saturday night.. but that I HAVE to bake something. Last weekend, I brought cookies to his housewarming party, and they were gone before I even got one.. I even saw people eating with one in each hand. lol.

Scenario 2: Later that night, Chris also tells me that he has a potluck on Friday for his chief that is leaving. When they asked what he was bringing he told them a bag of chips, and someone said, "Why don't you have your wife bake us something sweet?" After that, how can I not send something home-made? Plus, his chief has been so sweet to us.

Not to mention that we invited one of the guys that Chris works with over for dinner one night and he was pretty impressed.. I made him a good old southern meal, and he loved my sweet cornbread. Okay, enough bragging. Especially since I sent in my resume and some pictures for a 'cupcake assistant' job and didn't get it. AND I had an interview for a secretary position at an ad firm yesterday and didn't get that either. I feel so unqualified since everyone wants someone with experience. The hubby and I talked yesterday, and I am going to apply to restaurants until I go back to school in the fall. I can't be too choosy about where I work. ugh. Wish me luck! With both finding a job and figuring out what I want to go to school for : )

No comments:

Post a Comment