Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Today is the first Valentines Day that my hubby and I get to spend together, and I am so excited!

Last year, Chris was at bootcamp for V-day, yuck. So I got to spend the day with another amazing man- my grandpa. Later that day I found out that Chris sent money to one of his friends, and she got me flowers and took me to the movies. hah he is so cute.

Isn't it unfortunate that valentines day falls on a Monday this year? I know a lot of people celebrated over the weekend.. We had a date night Saturday, but we are saving the rest of the celebrating for today. Since we went out for a veryy expensive dinner for my bday last month, we are having a home-cooked meal. A very special home-cooked meal at that. Penne a la vodka (one of my favorite Italian dishes, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out like the restaurants!) and asparagus, and little cream bites for dessert. And of course, champagne. Mmmmm.


I thought we weren't going to go overboard this valentines day since we have spent so much money in the past three months on holidays and plane tickets, but apparently I was wrong. I found him some gameboy games on ebay (thats one thing he does on his downtime during duty days lol) and a couple other surprises. I know that he put a lot of thought into what he got me and "I will never guess what it is." Only a few more hours until I find out, yay!

My heart goes out to all of you that have a deployed loved one- I know that holidays, especially Valentines Day, can make it even harder to be away.

I am so grateful to have such an amazing and loving man in my life <3

No comments:

Post a Comment