Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Lost Valentine

How many people out there watched this tear-jerker of a movie last week?

As soon as I found out about the movie, I set the tv to dvr it, and the hubby and I watched it this weekend. I warned him that it would be a tear-jerker, but he said that he actually wanted to watch it.
If you didn't catch it, heres a quick synopsis (don't worry, I won't spoil anything. I hate when people do that!):
A young journalist gets assigned to film a piece about a WWII widow who sits at the train station every Valentines Day to wait for her missing in action husband and to keep her end of their promise. She was 19 years old when he left, and has been waiting for 60 years.
Sad movies can usually get a tear out of me, but this one had me bawlingg at the end. I can only imagine back in those days, hearing everyday that someone you know has lost their loved ones. Hearing everyday about young widows. Today, our men are still fighting a battle, but our country doesn't feel the same pride. It's sad. But thats a topic for another day. I don't even want to imagine what it would feel like to lose my husband.
I won't necessarily recommend it, because I don't know where you are at in your life. It might be a little too much to handle because your SO might be away, or it might hit a little too close to home.But if your ready for a good cry, go on ahead. I'm most likely going to get the book, so I will let you know how it is. Like they say, the books are always better than movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment