Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 28 - Someone that changed your life

I have a similar answer for a lot of these, so they probably aren't very interesting.

I think I have said this before, but I let people impact me really easily. So most of the people who I have let get close to me have changed my life in some way. Since the hubby and I went to a financial counselor yesterday (will post about that later!) I think I am going to write about him once again. lol.

My mom raised me solo, and worked really hard in order to do so. When I was younger, she never let me know that we didn't have a lot of money, and always spoiled me. Even as I got older, my mom would drain her bank account just to make sure that we had a nice christmas like everyone else. I got my first job when I was 15.. I was only allowed to work one shift a week for a while because of my age, but by the time I was a senior in high school, I was working two jobs. I spent at least two hours on the bus a day and got less than 5 hours of sleep a night (and I am one of those people who can and will sleep 10 hours a day every single night!). I also ran cross country and took AP classes. When I met Chris, life was pretty rough. Not to mention the fact that I had no faith in men whatsoever. In college, I became the stereotypical poor college kid- I did nothing but work and do homework (except when I got to see Chris on the weekends). I never had to ask, but when something would go wrong with my car etc, Chris wouldn't even think of letting me pay for it.

It took some time, and we are not even all the way there yet, but Chris has shown me that he is not like 'other guys.' I trust my husband with my whole heart, and I know that he is different from other men. My mom and I had a conversation yesterday after talking about another couple we know, and we decided that not many men are comfortable with letting their wives stay at home. Chris is an exception- he has told me that since I have worked so hard, he is fine with letting me relax for a while. To show him my gratitude, I make sure that he always comes home to a clean house and has home cooked meals. I take my job has a house wife very seriously. I know it sounds funny, but its true!

Even though these past 6 months have been a blessing, I am ready to go back to work. Especially since I am asking Chris for a 'real wedding reception' and its going to be costly $$. I have been job searching for almost 3 months now, and with this economy, I don't know how much longer it will take!

No comments:

Post a Comment