Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day and Mixed Emotions

Mother's Day is kind of a sensitive subject right now, for two reasons.

One. This is my first year not living with my mom during mother's day. Last year I was going to school, but I was still able to drive the 2 hours to go home and spend the weekend with her. My mom and I are extremely close- she raised me as a single mom and I have always considered her one of my best friends. I sent her a gift card to get a pedicure, and I wish I was there to go with her! Plus, it is my sister's first year as a mother, and I haven't even met me nephew yet.
Two. Last month I went in for surgery to have an ovarian cyst removed, and last week I found out that I most likely have endometriosis. Although the doctor gave me a treatment plan for 'until I decide to have children,' I have still been super emotional thinking about the big what-if of infertility.


Chris has duty, so the house is really quiet today. I guess it's Mommy and Jack time - he is my furbaby after all : )

No comments:

Post a Comment