Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 10- Something that upsets you

As I was sitting here trying to think of what to write about, this commercial that came on while my hubby and I were watching tv popped in my head.
It was a commercial for the ASPCA, and they showed animals (looking straight at the camera with very sad eyes) and gave a little description about the abuse they had received. Before it came on, the hubby and I were laughing and talking, but then we went silent for the long commercial.. It was heartbreaking! We were already talking about which charity to donate to this year, so it kind of put it in stone that this year we would do an animal organization.
I love animals. I was the little girl who tried to rescue all of the baby birds and take in all the stray dogs. In fact, I still am that person. The last incident happened when Chris was home on leave after a-school.. We were driving to his mom's house when I saw a little dog (looked kind of like a large chihauhua lol) running down the street, and after a bit of coaxing, we had her in the car. Even though I was driving, I insisted on holding her since she was scared, and after a few minutes, she suddenly stopped shaking, and just relaxed in my arms. We walked around the neighborhood for a good 20 minutes (with her still completely relaxed in my arms) talking to neighbors, and trying to find her home. Finally we figured out whose dog it was and left it with their neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment