Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 4- Your best friends

My hubby is my first best friend. I know, its typical of me to say that. However, I really do mean it. We talk about anything and everything, and I can always be completely open with him. We laugh until we can't breath and act like little kids sometimes. I absolutely love how close we are.

I have already mentioned the fact that I'm not very good at keeping girls as friends.. I have had a few close girl friends come and go, but I do have one that I know I will always keep- Katey. We met 6 years ago (wow) on our high school's distance track team. Our friendship actually took quite a while to develop; we were friendly towards each other, but I'd say it took about a year for us to actually become friends. What made me realize that we were 'best friends' was when she left for college (she was a year ahead of me) and our friendship only grew closer during that year. We like to say that we "grew together while growing apart." It makes sense to us lol. Even today, living in different states, we still talk a few times a week.

Katey and I have a lot in common, and just as many differences; which we both agree is what makes us such close friends. We both look up to each other, for different reasons, and I feel like that is something to really treasure in a friendship. We both know that our lives are going to, and have already, taken completely different routes, but that we will always be able to meet in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment