Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

One year!


I never thought I could be so busy because my child was turning one. My last blog post was Oct 18, and now we are a week into November and I'm just getting back to blogging!

I spent the week before Caden's birthday working on my October goals, and I was working like a mad woman, but I did it!

My little man officially turned one on Thursday, October 24. I've always imagine making my children's birthdays full of fun, but unfortunately Caden spent 6 hours of his birthday in the car for our drive to Phoenix. However, he did spend the morning playing with his first toy, a popper, and he did get to see his grandparents, aunt, uncle and nephew!




We had Caden's birthday on Saturday at my sister's house in Phoenix, and we had a lot of fun with all of our family and friends. Caden was so worn out by the end of the day; poor guy was a bit overwhelmed with all the people, cake, presents, and pictures!


Instead of ordering a shirt for $20, I made this one with scraps of fabric that was left over from the sheets and blankets I made him before he was born.


I made all the cakes from scratch the day of the party. Please ignore the random candles in the background.




 
 
I made Caden's smash cake somewhat baby friendly- I made a pumpkin, avocado, applesauce cake. I did a test run the week before the party, and it turned out amazing so I made one for the adults as well (and of course chocolate too). I really thought Caden was going to smash his cake, but instead he refused to touch it and just sucked the frosting off. I'm not sure if it would have been different if he wasn't so tired, but it was still adorable.




 




1 comment: