Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 19 - A recipe

I looove baking and decorating, and now that I am a stay-at-home wife, I also really enjoy cooking. Lately, the hubby and I have been on a pumpkin kick: pumpkin latte from starbucks, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin egg nog, pumpkin candles, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin. Howeverrrr, we weren't pumpkin-ed out enough to not have pumpkin pie for thanksgiving! Plus, with it being my first time cooking thanksgiving dinner (which was pretty successful fyi) a pumpkin pie was a simple dessert. Heres the recipe I used:


1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust


1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.

2.Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

I only baked mine for the first 15 minutes, and then 20 minutes instead of the 35-40, and it came out perfect! I made home made whip cream (it really does taste better than store bought!), and we ate the whole pie within 3 days. I did take the easy route and bought a pre-made pie crust, and the graham cracker one was an amazing pairing!

Heres a delicious and simple dinner recipe from the amazing Paula Deen: Chicken in wine sauce. My only tweek was next time I am going to use cream of chicken that is low in sodium because the dish was really salty, even for me even though I love salt.

One more thing.. Since I didn't take a picture of the pie I made for thanksgiving, heres a picture of a cake that I made for my hubby as a welcome home gift. It was white chocolate (his favorite) with raspberry filling, white chocolate buttercream, and decorated with fondant. Okay, I'm done bragging : )

No comments:

Post a Comment