Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Year, New Me

Every year I make my new year's resolutions, and then I keep them to myself. This year, I decided I was going to make myself more accountable by sharing them on my blog. I wrote out each of my 5 resolutions and explained why they were on my list, but instead of hitting publish, I deleted every. last. word. I decided my resolutions were a little too personal this year.

Everything boiled down to one idea: becoming a better me. The past few years, I've struggled with emotions, self confidence, trust, and health issues. I've let everything pile on me, and I've let myself and my relationships suffer because of it. I need to take the time to make myself the person I want to be, in order to be the person others need me to be. I want need to be the wife, mother, and friend that I can be proud of. At the end of the year, my 2014 goals won't be ones that I can just cross off the list. They will continue to be a work in progess, but I will make progress.


 
Whose with me?


1 comment:

  1. I think that is what my new year's resolutions boil down to also, being a better me. I usually make out this huge long list of the things I would like to accomplish for the year (trips, learning new things) but this year I just want to be a better me. Cook more for my family, save money, be a better person, etc.

    ReplyDelete