Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January Baby Recipe- Apple Muffins

 



My little man loves a big breakfast, and these muffins were a hit! I started making these when Caden was around 10 months old, and I almost always have them stocked in the freezer.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour (I did half wheat and half white)
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (Make sure it's organic, apples are on the dirty dozen!)
1/2 cup squash puree
1/2 cup milk (or formula)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 large egg
 
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix apple sauce, squasg, milk, oil, egg, and add brown sugar. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
3. Bake until top begins to brown and springs back to the touch. Mini muffins take about 12 minutes, and regular muffins about 18.

You can also switch out the squash with pumpkin, carrots, or avocado!



 

1 comment:

  1. These muffins look wonderful! I am so glad you shared the recipe! My little man love breakfast and I have been trying to think of new foods to give to him. He would love these muffins... and I'm pretty sure I would too :) I'll have to go and bake some!

    ReplyDelete