Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

The night I accidently served raw shrimp..

Friday night, I was trying to make dinner and dessert at the same time in my usual fashion. Before I tell the story, I have to say, in my defense, I was trying to make a new recipe, I was sick, and it had been a while since I ate. Now, on to the good stuff.

Chris, grabbing the shrimp out of the fridge because I told him dinner was ready: Are you sure the shrimp is cooked?
Me: Yeah babe, that's why it is pink.

Chris (eating the shrimp): You can tell these were frozen.
Me: Why?
Chris(flopping the shrimp around): Because they are limp. It's a limp shrimp.
Me: Hm (continue eating)


Me (taking a bite of a shrimp): Ewwww! They are soggy!
Chris: Babe, are you sure these are cooked?
Me (looking at the shrimp and discovering that they are NOT pink): no.

I was so grossed out, but I could not stop laughing about how stupid we both were. I don't know how many times I have cooked shrimp.. Heck, I even told Chris that they were pink when they were in fact grey the whole time I ran cold water over them, stuck them in the fridge, and saw them on the table. Chris even heard me tell him that they were pink as he was looking at them and just believed me. And he ate five of them. It has been a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment