Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Corned beef tacos



I'm a quarter Irish; my dad's dad immigrated here to become a jockey when he was a teenager. So when Chris and I heard about Taco Tuesday at a local Irish pub, we decided to celebrate my 'roots'. If you haven't tried corned beef tacos, your missing out.
Hooley's is now a 25 min drive from our new place, so we have only gotten to go once since Caden was born. What do you do when you can't have your favorite restaurant meal? You recreate it at home, of course. 
Seriously, try it. It is simple and delicious.

Tacos:
Corned beef with seasoning packet
White corn tortillas
Shredded cabbage
Shredded cheddar cheese

Sauce:
Ranch
Your favorite hot sauce



Place the corned beef in the crock pot, add the seasoning, cover with water, and cook on low for 10 hours. If I am short on time, I cook it on high for about 4 hours, and low for another 4. It turns out just as good.




When it's done, let it sit on a plate for a few minutes, then scrape off the fat and shred the meat.
Heat up the tortillas however your heart desires. I put them right on the griddle for about 30 seconds each side.
Make the sauce as spicy as you like it. I mix ranch with a little red hot. 
Assemble these babies! Take your warm tortilla, add corned beef, a little cabbage, a little cheese, and top with your spicy ranch.
 
We've had a hard time deciding what to serve with these (Oh, to be healthy or not). In the picture, I served them with corned beef mac n cheese as another ode to our favorite pub, and I've also done salad, but french fries also sound good. Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment