Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Wishing time away

This post is dedicated to all the military SO's out there.

We all do it.
We make countdowns until the day our husband comes home.
We wish the days away until we are in his arms once again.

But have you ever thought that you will never get that time back?
I know we all wish our husbands were home and never had deployments, but the fact is that they leave.
A lot.
It hurts having them gone, but you have to make the most of what you have.

Sometimes I feel guilty when I have fun while my husband is out to sea. He works 13+ hours a day, every day, and doesn't have most of the luxuries that I have. I think its normal to feel this way; I want the best for my husband, and I want him to make the most of his life. So maybe he isn't doing what he wants at the exact moment that he is staring at the ship's chart, but I can guarantee that in 20 years, he is going to look back and say that serving is exactly what he wanted to do.

So use the time away to do things for yourself. Read that book that's been sitting on your bedside table the past few months, go out with the girls, or pour a drink and relax in a bubble bath.



So go ahead and miss your loved ones all you want, but please don't wish the time away.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks so much for commenting on my blog:) I hope your husband comes back soon, even for a visit:) I can't even imagine how hard it is to be without him.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete