Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dreams

I'm stuck.
I don't know what I want to be when I'm older.
Rather, I don't know what to be, and I'm getting older.

Luckily, I have it narrowed down to two.
Unfortunately, they are in a very close race.
When I think I have a winner, another one pulls forward at the last minute.

And the nominees are:
A financial counselor or an event stylist.

I went to school for business management for a year. I only took two business classes in that time, so I didn't really get an idea of it. Between advanced classes, work, struggling to pay bills, Chris leaving for bootcamp, getting married, and the loss of my grandfather, I was beyond overwhelmed. I finished my first year thinking that I would either go to culinary school to become a pastry chef and cake decorator, or become a wedding planner.

When I started second guessing myself, I decided to take a year off. August is quickly approaching, and I am still unsure about what to do.

My left brain and right brain are fighting each other. Have you taken one of those tests before? I always score pretty even, with a few more points on my left brain. I am VERY logical, but I'm emotional and creative.
Financial counselor = logical.
Party stylist = creative.
See my dilemma?

I know I could be a good financial counselor. I have always been a budget-er and planner, so I know that I could help other people with that. But would it be creative enough for me?

It would be so fun to be a party stylist. But could I actually make a career out of pretty things like this?

source

Can't I just do both?

No comments:

Post a Comment