Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 25- A hero who has let you down

I remember a few years ago, sitting in the high school group in my church and listening to our leader tell us, "Everyone in life will let you down, except God." I had a really hard time with this concept- what about the people who loved me? My friends and family? My future husband? How am I supposed to trust people if they are going to let me down?

I now know that this is completely true- everyone in my life, who has meant something to me, has let me down in some way.

So I guess I have to broaden this topic to both heros and heroines in my life.
I have always looked up to my mom for how strong, independent, and giving she was/is as a single mom. She has let me down.
I couldn't be happier with the man that I am going to spend the rest of my life with, and I admire my husband's kind heart. He has let me down.
My grandfather was the only father figure in my life. He taught me life lessons, and I honored him more than anything. Even he let me down.

If you let someone into your heart, they will eventually let you down. No one in this world is perfect; we all have our faults. What matters is how hard you try- to mend a mistake when you let someone down, and to except forgiveness when someone asks for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment