Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Green Living

I'm not sure where it started, but sometime in high school I became conscious of how our actions affect the environment. Then in my freshman year of college, I took a class called climate change, and I leaned about the full scale affects on our planet.
Disclaimer: if you are one of those wackos who do not believe in global warming, you can leave this page.. Your ignorance is not welcome here.
I'm not one of those crazy hippies who don't shave their legs because they don't want to throw away a razor, but I do take little steps every day to reduce my footprint. I've even recruited my husband, and he does his best to make his contributions as well.
American's throw away over 1,000 pounds of trash every day, and only about a quarter of that gets recycled... Even though it is so easy to reduce waste and carry that extra trash can to the recycling!
I would love to share some of the things that we do around our house to be eco friendly to maybe inspire others and receive some tips as well! So every so often I will share some 'green living' posts and hopefully you will enjoy reading them!
Btw, I really enjoyed reading the book Gorgeously Green because it was written by a woman who wanted to change the connotation of eco-friendly and make it more approachable for the modern woman. You can also check out Sophie's website here.

2 comments:

  1. Just curious...do you cloth diaper? I just started because every week our garbage can was FULL of diapers! Since we recycle A LOT, the diapers were 80% of our trash and it just bothered me...
    I am so glad I made the switch...finally (on baby #3). Better late than never, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do both cloth and disposables.. I only have enough cloth for 4 diaper changes, but I'm about to increase my stash. I was just waiting to figure out what kind I liked best. It can be confusing! I actually have a post written up and ready to go about cloth diapers haha

      Delete