Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentines Day Catch Up

This year, Valentine's Day was extra special because I had two valentines!

We stayed home, and I made a yummy dinner of home-made chicken parmesan and spaghetti with red sauce. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but it was possibly the best chicken parm I have ever had (and it is one of my favorite meals!).



My hubby loves smores, so for dessert I made baked smores. I cut out two cute little hearts, put them on a plate, and before I could take a picture Chris scooped out the remains and plopped them onto the plate making it look not so pretty anymore. To make it up to me, after we ate our dessert, he went into the kitchen and did his best to cut out two more hearts so that I could have my picture. Isn't he sweet?

 

November through March is like a never ending spending spree in our house, and since Caden was born in October, we can add another month to that list. Besides all the holidays, we also celebrate my birthday in January (Chris really spoiled me this year by getting me a diamond bracelet) and our anniversary in March. So, long story short, we decided that there would be no expensive gifts this year, which I personally think is better for valentines day because it forces you to do something from the heart.

This year Chris really proved how well he knows me.. He knows how much I love chocolate, so he spoiled me with a box of godiva chocolates; he knows how much I "like coupons" so he made me his own coupon book full of things like "Take the night off, I got Caden;" and instead of flowers, he started me my own little garden, which I have been wanting for the longest time. I love that man.

 


I had a hard time figuring out what to do for the hubs, especially since it isn't easy for me to get out of the house during the week and the weekends we spend together, but I ended up finding a really cute idea on another blog (you can find it here) and making it my own. All I had to buy was a map when I went grocery shopping, and the rest we had at home.

 
 
Friday we spent with our friends, Sarah and Marcus, whose son is only 5 weeks older than Caden. They were so cute together, especially since the last time we saw them was Thanksgiving, and the boys were too little to notice each other then. This time, they were actually old enough to interact and it was absolutely adorable. Seeing the two of them together made me a realize how big my little guy is- he is 5 weeks younger than Junior but has at least two pounds on him. No wonder my back is always sore! We all went out to lunch then Sarah and I took the boys to the mall for a 'mommy and me' date. It was so nice to get out of the house and have some girl time. The rest of the weekend was filled with a duty day, catching up on homework, and taking advantage of a sale at Babies r Us. I'm finally caught up with my class, housework, and blogging. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment