Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Starting to feel like home

It's been a while since I have posted, so let me update you: I'm loving life.
Chris took a 10 day leave, and we enjoyed every minute of it. We shopped for our apartment, explored San Diego, went to the beach, and just enjoyed each other's company. Now, he is back to 12-15 hour work days, with a confusing work schedule that I just now figured out. However; his ship is getting ready for a big inspection so he won't be having any days off for quite a while.

We are putting our apartment together piece by piece. For the first few weeks, we ate on a box on the floor and used our bed comforter as a couch. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I know that we will have a good laugh about it in a few years. Plus, it encouraged our families to tell us their funny stories about their first place. Now, we have upgraded to bar stools at the kitchen bar, and the day before yesterday we got a couch.
I love taking care of the house and cooking dinner. I'm still learning how to cook, but Chris eats everything I put in front of him. Sometimes I don't know if its because he's not a picky eater or because he doesn't want to hurt my feelings haha. We finally found an internet company that will service our apartment (we need fiber optics) so that I can start my wedding planning certification course online! I'm also going to start looking for a part time job so that I can help save for our wedding.
Without the navy, we wouldn't be living in our beautiful apartment in beautiful san diego, so that's one thing I am grateful for : )

No comments:

Post a Comment