Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Grocery shopping part 2

source
Last week, I wrote a post about a lady whose comment about how young I looked turned into a meaningful conversation in the middle of the grocery store.

The day after I wrote it, I had a complete opposite experience at the grocery store. I was shopping at the commissary, and some lady walked by me and said, 'Oh! The tiniest woman in the world!" I thought that she couldn't possibly be talking to me, but when I looked up, she said, "You are so cute!" I just stared at her as she walked by, dumbfounded that this stranger actually made such a comment to me. I'm used to people telling me that I'm small, skinny, young looking, whatever, but I've never had anyone call me the tiniest woman in the world, and I've never had another woman call me cute like that.

As I walked to the checkout line, a million responses went through my head:

Have you ever seen Little Women: LA?
My husband doesn't think I'm 'cute'
Do I look like a little girl pushing a doll in a stroller?

But I just gave her the 'look' because some people aren't worth it. I'm going to go shine my trophy for being the "tiniest woman in the world" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment