Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

5 reminders that I do love myself

source
At first, I was going to opt out of today's prompt, to list five things that I love about myself. But then I realized that every woman needs reminders like this every once in a while, myself included. So here are the five things I love about myself:

1. My size. I'm 5' and 90 pounds. With all the skinny-shaming in the media lately, this is a love that I need to remind myself of every so often.

2. My baking skills. I love baking and making things from scratch, and I'm pretty good at it if I do say so myself.

3. My hair. Besides a short stint in elementary school, I've had long hair my entire life, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I'm especially loving my hair since I started the no-poo method earlier this month!

4. My perfectionism. I won't go so far as to say that I love my type-A personality, but I do love that I am a perfectionist. My husband might beg to differ though.

5. My maternal instincts. It's not easy being a mother, but it continuously amazes me that I have these maternal instincts that kick in whenever I need them.

Allieology
 
What do you love about yourself? Do you ever remind yourself of these loves?

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about the no-poo method, but I'm scared to try it! I also love having long hair, but my hair is getting dry :/

    ReplyDelete