Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

After thursday comes friday.

Today is Thursday.

Today I am picking up my oh-so-caring mom from the airport (we had a couple bumps in planning, but my mom was very insistant that she would be here for my surgery. I love her!)

Today I am getting the phone call to tell me what time I will be having my surgery.

Tomorrow is the day of my surgery.

Last night was rough, and I know tonight will be the same. Before bed, I had a good breakdown before Chris calmed me down. Then I tossed and turned all night thinking about the surgery, and woke up feeling sooo nauseous. I know that the surgery is minimally evasive, but it still scary to think that I am going under the knife. And even more scary to think that there could be complications, and I could lose my ovary. The doctors have ensured me that the chances are low that they would have to remove it, and that statistics show that you can still conceive with one ovary, but I don't want to have that risk. I want to have children so bad and infertility is the word I fear the most.

My mom will be here until Monday, and I most likely won't be up to blogging for a few days. As soon as I do, I will update you all. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your surgery. Get well soon and rest lots. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope your surgery went well. i know it's super super scary. i had to have a tumor taken out of my uterus a couple years ago, and i know how i felt. thinking about you :)

    ReplyDelete